NAEM Web Seminar Archives are an easy and cost-effective way to share a learning experience with your colleagues.
Nanotechnology: What Every EHS Professional Should Know
Thursday Jan. 31, 2008
In this session you will learn why nanotechnology stands to be one of the most important technologies of the 21st Century with major impacts on a number of industrial sectors including consumer products, electronics, biomedical, automotive and aerospace.
You’ll also gain an understanding of the potential EHS impacts of nanotechnology and learn about key areas of concern for EHS professionals as this new technology comes into play across industry.
Attend this program and:
- Get an overview of nanotechnology and some of its potential applications
- Hear how companies are addressing concerns regarding occupational exposure to nanomaterials and their potential adverse health effects on workers and the public, as well as their possible environmental impacts
- Get a detailed look at DuPont’s efforts to manage nanotechnology risks through the development of a voluntary risk framework
Who should attend?
- Anyone wanting to learn more about nanomaterials and nanotechnology
- Anyone with responsibility for developing policies and procedures regarding the use of nanomaterials in products
- Any EHS professional wanting to stay abreast of emerging issue areas