Featuring subject experts from our Affiliate Council member companies, Affiliates Council web seminar archives hit on the most timely, relevant topics to EHS & Sustainability practitioners today.
Update on the FTC’s Green Guide
Wednesday Nov. 7, 2012
Can you prove all of your product's environmental claims?
On October 1, 2012, the Federal Trade Commission released the final revisions to its Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims, known as the Green Guides. They are the FTC's guidance on how to avoid making deceptive advertising claims related to the environmental attributes of a product or service.
This webinar, featuring an expert on product regulations and green marketing claims, will cover:
- The new FTC guidance
- Differences between the final version and the 2010 proposal and prior versions
- Following the definition of phrases such as "'non-toxic' and 'recyclable'"
- Terms you should avoid
- New sections to the guide that address carbon offsets, certifications and seals, non-toxic, made with renewable energy and renewable materials claims.
- How your company can use the Green Guides in practice.
Who should attend:
- EHS, Sustainability professionals who compile environmental metrics
- PR, marketing and CSR personnel who create and disseminate product messaging
- Anyone looking to minimize risk from the FTC and public mistrust