While NAEM does not offer a professional certification, the association’s conferences may qualify for continuing education credits through the prominent certifying organizations that support the environment, health and safety profession. This may include pre-submission of the conference agenda, a letter confirming attendance or an approval request form. Below is a list of common certifying bodies and an overview of the process for requesting certification credits. If you have any questions or require documentation from NAEM, please contact us at (202) 986-6616.
American Academy of Environmental Engineers (AAEE)
- BCEE: Board Certified Environmental Engineer
- BCEEM: Board Certified Environmental Engineering Member
- BCES: Board Certified Environmental Scientist
Process: AAEE reviews each NAEM conference agenda to evaluate its content for potential recertification credit. Please refer to the specific NAEM conference website for information about the available credits for that event.
Contact: For more information, please contact AAEE Executive Director Joseph Cavarretta, Executive Director via JCava@aaee.net.
American Academy of Health Physics (AAHP)
- CHP: Certified Health Physicist
Process: AAHP will review any continuing education credits submitted for courses related to health physics. Requests must be submitted in advance of attending a conference for approval by the Continuing Education Committee. The Certified Health Physicist (CHP) who will participate or has participated in a relevant conference may submit the application directly to the Chairperson of the Committee for approval. For more information and forms, please refer to AAHP's continuing education policies. http://www.hps1.org/aahp/cec/wp_cepolicy.htm#III
Contact: For more information, please contact AAHP via (703) 790-1745 or visit http://www.hps1.org/aahp/.
Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE)
- CHFP: Certified Human Factors Professional
- CPE: Certified Professional Ergonomist
- CUXP: Certified User Experience Professional
- AEP: Associate Ergonomics Professional
- AHFP: Associate Human Factors Professional
- AUXP: Associate User Experience Professional
- CEA: Certified Ergonomics Associate
Process: For conferences or webinars that pertain to ergonomics, participatory hours can be submitted using proof of registration or a certificate of attendance. Please refer to the organization's website http://bcpe.org/page/certification-process for more information. If you need a certificate of attendance, please call NAEM at (202) 986-6616.
Contact: For more information, please contact Kris Rightmire at BCPE via email@example.com or (888) 856.4685 ext. 701.
Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- CET: Certified Environmental, Safety & Health Trainer
- CIT: Certified Instructional Technologist
- CSP: Certified Safety Professional
- ASP: Associate Safety Professional
- GSP: Graduate Safety Practitioner
- CHST: Construction Health and Safety Technologist
- OHST: Occupational Health and Safety Technologist
- STS: Safety Trained Supervisor
Process: NAEM conference attendees may receive credit for those events related to safety, health and the environment. To request a certificate of attendance, please call NAEM at (202) 986-6616. To view a list of all acceptable activities, please refer to BCSP's recertification guide at http://www.bcsp.org/pdf/ASPCSP/RecertGuide.pdf
Contact: For more information, please call BCSP's main office at (217) 359-9263. If you have specific questions, please contact Michelle Sutherlin via Michelle@BCSP.org or (217) 359-9261, Option 1, ext: 3903.
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM)
- CHMM -Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- CHMP - Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner
Process: Candidates or certificate holders can apply to IHMM to receive points for an NAEM conference. Please visit the following sources to download the necessary documents:
Contact: For more information, please contact IHMM via (301) 984-8969 or visit http://www.ihmm.org/
Institute of Professional Environmental Practice (IPEP)
- QEP: Qualified Environmental Professional
- EPI: Environmental Professional Intern
Process: IPEP will award recertification points for NAEM event attendees who provide a registration confirmation, an event program or a certificate of attendance. Please call NAEM at (202) 986-6616 to request a certificate. Conference speakers and those who volunteer on a planning committee also may receive credits. To view a complete list of point designations, please visit IPEP's Professions Development and Re-certification guidelines at http://ipep.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/RecertificationGuidelines.pdf.
Contact: For more information, please contact Alexandra Merti at IPEP via firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 396-1703.
North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI)
- CDS: Certified Director of Safety
- CSS: Certified Safety Supervisor
- CDT: Certified Driver Trainer
- CDM/E: Certified Director of Maintenance/Equipment
- CSM/E: Certified Supervisor of Maintenance/Equipment
- CCSP: Certified Cargo Security Professional
- CIAQM: Certified Indoor Air Quality Manager
- CES: Certified Environmental Scientists
- CIET: Certified Industrial Environmental Toxicologist
- RHCMM: Registered Hazardous and Chemical Materials Manager
- RELT: Registered Environmental Laboratory Technologist
- REP: Registered Environmental Professional
- ET: Environmental Technician
- CRCM: Certified Refrigerant Compliance Manager
- CMI: Certified Mold Inspector
- FMM: Forensic Mold Master
- MAS: Mold Awareness Specialist
- SIM: Sustainability Initiatives Manager
Process: NAEM event attendees may claim recertification points for any safety or management-related topics. To receive credit, attendees must provide a registration confirmation or a certificate of attendance. Please call NAEM at (202) 986-6616 to request a certificate. To read NATMI's certification guidelines, please visit http://natmi.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=34. For the NATMI certification renewal activity verification form please visit http://natmi.org/associations/3075/files/Recertification%20Activity%20Verification%20Form.pdf.
Contact: For more information, please contact Kelly Long Crow at NATMI via email@example.com or (800) 922-2219.